Hokkaido, Japan: As the first snows falls in the mountains of Hokkaido, Kiroro, a pristine alpine resort in the heart of Yoichi, is gearing up for the opening of Kiroro Snow World on November 28. Kiroro is offering ski and snow packages for outdoor enthusiasts of all types. With the world’s deepest powder and high-end mountainside accommodations, Kiroro is the ideal mountain getaway for this winter season.
A stunning alpine resort nestled in the Yoichi mountains, Kiroro is an all-season resort offering high-end accommodations, dining and shopping, a variety of outdoor recreational activities and world-class relaxation services. Each winter, Kiroro regularly sees close to 20 meters of snow, one of the most in Japan and more than most ski areas around the world. The resort offers something for everyone with perfectly groomed ski runs, hundreds of acres of tree skiing, a terrain park and dozens of alpine activities from snowshoe tours through the winter forest to onsen in a natural caldera spring.
After months of staying near home, people are eager to travel again safely. For skiers and outdoor enthusiasts, Kiroro offers the perfect winter destination with plenty of open space, outdoor activities and extra special attention to hygiene and health protocols. Its new promotions and packages offer plenty of incentive to visit multiple times over the ski season, which is one of the longest in the world stretching from November through April.
Special deals and programs include:
· Kiroro Snow Village – Kiroro is lighting up Après Ski with a dynamic and fun outdoor festival in Kiroro Village. Enjoy gourmet Hokkaido-inspired fare, cozy winter cocktails, snow candle-making, a life-size Japanese igloo and festive light displays. Offered from December 24 – March 13, 2021.
· Kiroro and Sapporo Kokusai Partnership Passes – One pass, two iconic Hokkaido ski areas! Purchase a 5-day pass at one resort and you can use it at the other! Sapporo Kokusai Ski Resort is located near Sapporo City. Offered from December 1 through February 28, 2021 for $A255.
· Stay Five Days…Ski All Season – Enjoy Kiroro all year round! Earn your way toward a Kiroro season ski package pass when you stay for five or more days.
· Contactless Online Purchasing – This winter, all lift passes, products and services need to be purchased safely online. This includes lift and resort passes, lessons, equipment rentals and dining reservations.
· Season Pass Early Bird Discount – Enjoy full access to the Kiroro resort, including free, unlimited access to the resort Onsen, pools and fitness centres. Purchase by December 15th 2020; Adults $A592 (regular price $A723); Seniors $A565; Youth $A500; Children $A342.
· Ensuring Guest Wellbeing & Safety with Enhanced Hygiene Protocols - Kiroro re-opened successfully in July after closing for COVID. The resort adopted new hygiene and operations protocols to meet and exceed local and national health guidelines and standards set by Marriott International. For the winter season, the resort has updated those standards, as seen on its new video “Kiroro Cares: Winter 2020-2021.”
5-Star Mountain Village
Kiroro offers a choice of high-end accommodations ranging from award-winning resort hotels to private, ski-to-door residences. Kiroro offers two hotels within the Marriott International portfolio: Sheraton Hokkaido Kiroro Resort with 140 guestrooms and suites along with two restaurants right at the base of the slopes; and The Kiroro, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel Hokkaido with 281 guestrooms and suites offering mountain vistas from every room, world-class facilities and five dining options. The newly opened Yu Kiroro is an award-winning collection of exclusive ski-in/ski-out private residences at the base of the mountain. The freehold residences offer premium services, such as ski valet, a natural indoor-outdoor onsen, bilingual concierge service, fitness centre and lounge, and all-day dining.
The entire Kiroro Resort is connected by the Gateway Express combination gondola-chairlift that runs from the front of The Tribute Portfolio Hotel and the new Yu Kiroro residences to the Sheraton Hokkaido Resort.
For more information about Kiroro Cares and to book a visit, please visit www.kiroro.co.jp
About Kiroro Resort
Kiroro is a premier year-round resort destination in the heart of Hokkaido. Originally known by ski aficionados for perfect powder, long ski seasons and short lift lines, Kiroro is emerging as a world-class resort and one of the best all-season destinations in Asia. With two premium hotels and luxury ski-in ski out private residences, Kiroro is an ideal getaway vacation for families, couples and visitors of all ages. For more information about the resorts and experiences, visit www.kiroro.co.jp. For more information about Yu Kiroro private residences, visit www.yukiroro.com